Springdale Children's Ministry
Children's Ministry at Springdale seeks to nurture children spiritually as they learn and grow.
Through intentional interactions, theologically progressive lessons, and multisensory activities,
our children's ministry team hopes to teach each child that they are loved by God.
What to expect:
- Gathering Area: The gathering area has an intergenerational space where children, youth, and adults can connect with our Springdale family. It features a monthly book collection, coloring pages, fidgets to use in the sanctuary, an art display, and cozy spaces to connect with one another during transitional moments before and after worship.
- Nursery: During 10am worship, nursery care is available for children ages 5 and under. Your children will have the opportunity to create, sing, play, explore, and read with our compassionate team of volunteers.
- Worship Tables: Located in the back of the Sanctuary you will find our community worship table. Each week they feature interactive bulletins encourage a multisensory worship experience for children, youth, and adults.
- Children's Message: Each week, worship includes a children's message incorporating themes and texts from the worship service. Young folks and any who feel young at heart are welcome up to the front to partake in this aspect of worship.
- Sunday School: Springdale is lucky to have a variety of classroom spaces for our children. During Sunday School (11:30-12:15), there will be volunteers in the infant, toddler, and elementary classrooms ready to engage with children. Lessons will feature a variety of Bible stories, music, art, and movement focused activities to engage multiple learning styles. Most importantly, these times, though structured, are meant for building relationships and teaching children that they are part of God's family.
- Safety: All children's ministry volunteers will be masked. All children ages three and above are encouraged to wear masks while in children's ministry spaces. Each of our nursery volunteers has passed a background check.